worst day of my life


           Suddenly, I felt the tremor. I felt that I was shaken. I looked at my friend, Melissa and I know she felt it too. I looked out of the window and saw a crowd on the road. They look excited. But why? My friend and I joined the crowd to see what the matter was. We squeezed in between the huge crowd. Finally, I saw many huge and long thing which looks like a trunk. It appeared to be many elephants here. Big and small. Some of them were old and have long tusk; the baby elephants walked along by their mothers.  I overheard someone said,” the circus is here! The circus is here”. Then, we saw the circus clown and circus man and other interesting thing coming. This is so exciting! I have never been to a circus. I ran to meet the circus clown. He was juggling with three colorful balls. He gave me a smile and asked for my name. I walked away because my mother told me not to talk to strangers. Melissa decided to find more information about the circus. Melissa pulled my school dress and I followed her to find more information from the circus man. The circus man told us that the circus will be opened tomorrow at 2:00 in the evening. Great! Now, we need money to buy tickets.      
               We decided to ask our mother for ticket money. “How much is the ticket price, Melissa” I asked Melissa? ” Emm……I don’t know too” Melissa told me. Maybe we should go back to the circus man. “OK, maybe we should” I told Melissa. Melissa said,” you go; I am not going to talk to that weird man”. I remember the circus man. He has a long white beard, a rather baggy shirt, black hair, and a funny looking hat which looked like a joker or beggar. He has a strange looking smile. Somehow, we got no choice. “Excuse me, sir. How much is the ticket price for 11 years old?” we asked together. The circus man said,” how much do you have?” I said with a gulp “ I don’t have any, how about you, Melissa ?” Melissa said “ I don’t have even a single cent!”"          
     
          Then, you shall work in the circus for asking a silly question!"said the circus man. "What silly question? I only ask how much is the ticket price!" said Melissa angrily who could not bear to work in the circus. What is not a nonsense? You didn't see the board there? Are you blind? he asked Melissa quite offended. We went to see where the man was pointing to, and there we saw a board saying that the ticket price was fifty dollars. After seeing, we went to the circus man and apologize to him. He said that for saying rude things to him we must work for him in the circus for one week. We had no choice but to obey his orders for making him angry. Come at 1:00 and go back at 6:30 in the evening. We went home and told our mother.

By: Syuen Wen  




Popular posts from this blog

summer recipes by Kareena Kamdar

Badminton by Shelina

The things that make me happy