Jeanna's Dancer Life
I danced around the studio. I felt
like I’m floating. I was preparing for a
huge dance competition in April. Suddenly, boom! The main studio’s door slammed
hard. Our teacher, Miss Shirena had come
in to teach. Why she is here? Is she supposed to go away for holiday or
something? I decided to ask her. She
said, “I cancelled my flight because I needed to help you all.” Good. I need
that. She made all of us go to the barre
to exercise our feet, we did splits and stretches. She told us that she had a surprise for us I
was curious. I wondered what was maybe our costume or maybe our exam results.
We had taken the exam the previous year. She had planned a concert for us and
this will means more practices! Yes, I loved extra practices. It was called
Black Swan. Nice name I thought. I wonder who she will pick up for the lead
role. She called everyone’s names and their parts. I hadn’t heard my name being
called. Until I heard her say, “And the lead role is for……….. Jeanna.” Everyone
looked at me and congratulated me. Miss Shirena said that for the concert we
could wear our Black Swan shoes, the ones that she gave to us for competing in
the Hawaii Dance Festival. She taught us
the first section of the dance until class was over. Oh well, I thought there is going to be three
hours of practice tomorrow. Class is over.
I arrived home with my mother.
Told her all about dance practice. I took a shower and scrolled my I-pod . I
found the song that we were going to do and practiced in my room. I danced
until I felt tired and did revision on the subject Malaysian History. For
dinner I had a healthy dancer meal of Salad, Grilled Potato and Watermelon
juice. I had school the next day for it was Monday. I went to sleep. I dream't
that we were at the Black Swan concert and everyone was cheering and clapping
for me. People throwing roses, people wanting my autographs. Until I woke up
that was very happy. I got dressed for school I wore a pair of Versace white
jeans and a Tank halter top with a Michael Kors handbag. I had breakfast. I got
in the car and went to pick up my gang for carpool. “First stop,” I told Isaac
my driver, “Alicia’s.” When we arrived at her house she got into my car. Alicia
was my best friend, my beta and my best dance friend. “Second stop, Kylie’s
“. Kylie was my beautiful gamma girl, my
best friend and my dancer friend. She gracefully hopped into my car and told
Isaac “Third stop, Natasha’s”. Natasha we usually call her Tasha. She is my
dancer friend, my loyal prankster and my best friend. She got into the car.
“Now,” we all shouted, “SCHOOL”. In school we are all popular we go to MGIS
short for Malaysian Girls International School.
Ugh,
finally, I thought, school over now Black Swan Concert. I went with Kylie over
to the school faculty parking lot. Over there we met up with Alicia and
Natasha. While waiting for Isaac, we saw two super annoying LBRS short for
‘Loser Beyond Repair ‘, Livvy Collins and Carrie Randolph. Kylie leaned over
Alicia and whispered “Is it just me or do I feel like my lip gloss Fudge Brownie
is going to be eaten by lip gloss eater Livvy Collins.” All of us cracked up so
hard we did not even here Isaac honking the car.
Once we
arrived at the place we kept our bags in the locker room. I wore a blue leotard
and white ballet shoes. We went into the
studio and started stretching. Until Miss Shirena came in, all of the girls
were discussing what kind of costumes we would get for the concert because we
were getting the costumes for the Black Swan Concert today. Miss Shirena burst through the door, with
different costumes for different parts. After
we got our costumes, mine was a long black and silky dress with a white
sparkled lace open back at the back. We practiced with our costumes on until it
was time to leave.
Three weeks later….
The
show was over. It went really well. By the time we were half way through of the
first segment of the dance, people were already throwing flowers, bouquets. People
were also holding up ribbon laces to wave along with the music. It was an
awesome show. Many people including my parents were already coming backstage to
get pictures, autographs and see how we arranged trailers to cooperate. My sisters
and parents came backstage too to congratulate me. After mostly everyone from the audience left
to get souvenirs before thy sold out, I went to meet up with Kylie, Natasha and
Alicia to congratulate them too. I found them in Trailer A; they were sipping mock
tails and reading magazines. I said “Hi, sorry I am late my parents were
begging for pictures with me.” I gathered my stuff and we headed to the car for
our Friday Night Sleepover. The next was
simple all of us spent the day in the J estate’s private hated swimming pool. Sunday,
was the same as Saturday except we had to have time to fill in homework, revision
and shopping for stuff mostly clothes and handbags to wear to school tomorrow.
Everyone
went to school together, so there were no stops just headed straight to school.
Once we arrived I linked arms with my BFFs and like a human charm bracelet we
entered school and went to our lockers which were al lined up in a row. We headed to the cafeteria for morning period
because class hasn’t started yet. “Hey everyone, just here to congratulate Jeanna
her Three Best Friends for their perfect dance show on Friday,” Lisa’s voice
bleated over the intercom in the cafeteria. Everyone cheered for us. I smiled
this month could not get any better. Once again we did our human charm bracelet
formation and went of to class.
THE END